The Ultimate O3NC Checklist for Healthy Living
Stay healthy and happy in body and mind by following these three steps:
When it comes to a healthy lifestyle, physical activity is an important factor. The global shift toward a sedentary lifestyle has prompted much research into how it affects our health. Studies have shown that sitting all day will increase the risks of developing various chronic diseases such as heart disease and type 2 diabetes, and can lead to an increased chance of early death. Regular daily exercise for at least 30 minutes is recommended to improve your health, mood and weight.
Stress can cause various health issues, including high blood pressure, obesity, heart disease, and diabetes. Stay on top of your stress levels and monitoring your mental health by practicing mindfulness and taking time to relax.
Eat a well-balanced diet by practicing proper eating habits. That includes eating in moderation — the average number is 2000 calories per day, but depends on age, gender and activity level. It is also important to be sure you are consuming most of your calories from healthy sources — according to dietitians that list includes fruit and vegetables, whole grains, legumes, nuts and lean proteins. This helps ensure your nutritional intake is well-balanced to include a healthy amount of protein, carbohydrates, healthy fats, and vitamins & minerals. Carbohydrates are often vilified, but they are an essential source of energy for the body, and not all carbohydrates are broken down into sugar — Fibre is a carbohydrate that passes through the body undigested, but it’s benefits are many.
To ensure you are getting enough fibre in your diet, incorporate some Omega 3 Nutracleanse into your daily routine: 1/3 cup contains 14 grams of fibre (56% of the daily recommended intake) and it is all-natural, plant based and certified organic. It’s easy to add to smoothies, yogurt, dips or baking recipes like the the savoury pancake recipe below:
Savoury Chickpea Pancakes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Yield: 1 large or 2 smaller pancakes (1 serving)
- Olive oil
- 1 (¼ cup) green onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup red pepper, finely chopped
- ½ cup chickpea flour
- 1 ½ tbsp. Omega 3 Nutracleanse
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- For serving: avocado
- Preheat the skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil to the pan.
- Take a small bowl and whisk together the garlic powder, chickpea flour, Omega 3 Nutracleanse, salt and pepper, red pepper flakes and baking powder.
- Add ½ cup of water and stir until there are no more clumps.
- Incorporate the green onions and pepper.
- Pour all the batter on the skillet to make one large pancake and spread it out evenly.
- Allow it to cook for about 5-6 mins on one side. Once golden-brown, loosen the pancake with a spatula and flip. Cook the other side for 5 more minutes until golden-brown. *This recipe needs more cooking time than regular pancake recipes.
- Remove pancake from skillet and top with avocado!