Low-Fat Vegetable Soup
3 medium zucchinis, cubed
2 medium carrots, diced
1 tbsp. garlic. minced
1 tsp. dried basil
1 tsp. dried oregano
2 tsp. Omega 3 Nutracleanse
10 mushrooms, sliced
1 medium onion, diced
1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
3 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley, plus extra to garnish
1 (10 ounce) russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans vegetable broth
3 cups canned crushed tomatoes, with added puree
2 tbsps. chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat a large Dutch oven on medium and add carrots, zucchini, onion, mushrooms and potato.
- Add vegetable broth, stewed and crushed tomatoes, 3 tbsps. parsley, garlic, cilantro, oregano, Omega 3 Nutracleanse and basil.
- Bring the mixture to boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover and simmer until vegetables turn tender, about 30 minutes.
- Drain broth into a separate saucepan and reserve vegetables.
- Add 3 cups of cooked vegetables and ¼ cup of broth to the blender. Process until smooth.
- Mix the puree in with the remaining broth and pour back in with the veggies.
- Bring soup back to a simmer before serving and season to taste.
- Top with fresh parsley.