High Fibre Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
1 tbsp. chia seeds
3 tbsp. water
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup Omega 3 Nutracleanse
1/4 cup cocoa
1/4 cup hemp hearts
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. salt
1/3 cup apple sauce
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup zucchini, grated
3/4 cup almond milk
1 tbsp. coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine chia seeds and water, stir well, and set aside on your counter.
- Measure the next 8 ingredients into a large bowl. Mix well, and set aside.
- Transfer the chia seed mixture to a medium-sized bowl. (It should have a gelatinous consistency.)
- Add in the apple sauce, sugar, zucchini and milk. Mix well.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture, and stir until just combined. Add chocolate chips. (Optional)
- Grease muffin tins with coconut oil.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full, and bake for 15-17 minutes.