Ginger Molasses Cookies
Makes 14–16 cookies
1 tbsp. Omega 3 Nutracleanse
3 tbsp. water
1 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 cup spelt flour
1/2 cup Omega 3 Nutracleanse
2 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
3/4 tsp. ground ginger
3/4 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1/3 cup molasses
2/3 cup coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine 1 tbsp. Omega3NutraCleanse® and water to make a ‘flax egg.’ Stir to combine and set aside for about 10 minutes.
- While it sets up, you can start assembling your other dry and wet ingredients.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine whole wheat pastry flour, spelt flour, rest of Omega3NutraCleanse® cinnamon, cloves, ginger, nutmeg, baking soda and salt.
- Use a whisk or a fork to fluff up the flour and ensure all the spices are evenly distributed.
- In a large bowl, combine melted oil and molasses.
- Use an electric mixer on high speed to beat the ingredients together for 2-3 minutes until well combined.
- Add the sugar and flax egg. Mix on low speed until combined.
- Add half of the dry mixture to the wet ingredients. Mix for 1 minute.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients and mix until there’s no visible flour remaining.
- Scoop the dough onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper, leaving space for the cookies to spread out.
- Gently press down on the cookies to flatten slightly.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.