Get the Most Out of your Strength-Training Diet
Getting the right balance of nutrients to make the most from your workout session is key — so much research has gone into this topic. Here are some important tips:
- Protein — Protein in key! Eating enough protein is essential to building muscle mass, but also making sure to have a steady intake of protein will help promote muscle building when you’re actually working out.
- Carbohydrates — Carbs get a bad rap, but they are an essential source of energy and keep you going through intense workout sessions.
- Avoid Junk Food — Junk foods are empty calories: they don’t contain many nutrients other than fat and carbohydrates, which will end up contributing more to body fat than muscle mass if you’re eating too much.
- Fibre — While fibre may not directly contribute to helping build muscle or replenish energy, it can help you achieve good eating habits and ensure your digestive system is healthy and in working order to digest those essential muscle-building nutrients. Read about how fibre actually does it here.
Try adding some fibre-full O3NC to your favourite pre-workout shake, or try the one below:
- 1 cup Soy milk/almond milk/skim milk
- 1 Small Banana
- 1 Fig
- 3 tbsp Almond Butter
- ½ tsp. honey
- 2 tbsps. Omega 3 Nutracleanse
- Banana slices, for serving
- Combine milk, banana, fig, almond butter, honey and O3NC in a blender and blend on high speed until smooth.
- Garnish with slices of banana and serve chilled.