Flax & Sweet Potato Muffins
1 large sweet potato
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
3/4 cup 100% pure maple syrup
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup Omega 3 Nutracleanse
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prick the sweet potato a few times, wrap it in tin foil, then bake for one hour. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Peel potato and mash the flesh in large bowl. Melt the coconut oil, then add to potato, along with milk, syrup, and vanilla. Mix well.
- In second bowl, combine the dry ingredients and mix well. Fold into the wet mixture and stir.
- Line muffin pan with paper liners and distribute batter evenly among the cups.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool completely, then enjoy!
This muffin recipe is adapted from Goop.