Five Easy Food Swaps to Help Maintain A Healthy Weight
Times are changing and individuals and businesses alike are embracing body-positivity and encouraging a healthy lifestyle — as we do! A healthy lifestyle encompasses many things, and in order to live your best and healthiest life, maintaining a healthy weight is an important step. Health professionals agree that the negative health implications of being overweight or obese can be severe — they include a significantly higher risk of developing high blood pressure, heart disease and type 2 diabetes, among other things. Your “healthy weight” range is determined by a combination of waist circumference and Body Mass Index (BMI).
Many experts agree that the most effective way of reaching that healthy weight range and maintaining it in the long term is to commit to regular exercise and a portion-controlled healthy diet, and that includes getting 25–30g of fibre a day — something that roughly 50% of Canadians are not doing! Fibre can also contribute to a feeling of fullness, which can help cut down on extra snacking: Fibre mostly passes through the digestive system without being broken down.
Fibre can be found in certain fruits and vegetables, whole grains and fibre supplement products — but be wary. Some fibre supplements use fillers that contain chemicals, food colouring and added sugar. Omega 3 Nutracleanse is made with all-natural ingredients and no fillers are used. O3NC is a mix of five organic, plant-based ingredients: Ground Flaxseed, Dandelion Root Powder, Psyllium Husk, Burdock Root Powder and Fenugreek Seed Powder.
Try some of these easy food swaps to help you feel more satisfied by your meals:
- Instead of sugar-filled flavoured yogurts or cereals for breakfast, go for a plain greek yogurt and top with berries and 1/3 cup of Omega 3 Nutracleanse — the extra fibre and protein will help you feel fuller for longer.
- Turn your daily smoothie into a smoothie bowl — add some big pieces of fruit, nuts and mix in some O3NC to help it stay in your stomach longer!
- For a snack, instead of a bag of chips, pick up some whole-grain taco chips or veggies to dip in guacamole or hummus and stir in some O3NC to give it more filling-power!
- For desserts and sugary cravings, try stick to fruit, or make a fruit crumble and incorporate some O3NC into the crumble topping.
- Add some O3NC to any of your favourite baking recipes — muffins, scones, cookies, anything!